Are you at the point where you are just about to take on the big task of planning a new home? We are here to help! Here are the top 10 things that are critical when planning a new home.
1. Your land. Many people we talk to have their land already, and many are looking for the right piece of land to build their home on. If you are looking, Timber Block pros can help. We have the insight and knowledge you need to help guide you in the process of purchasing land.
2. Choosing your home building company. You’ve decided to build your home, the search is on for the right home. Timber Block home owners generally have the following in common: They want a beautiful home, they want a highly energy efficient home, they like utilizing green technology, they want a top quality home, they like wood, but don’t want the checking and settling usually associated with building with logs, and they want to build their home faster.
3. Choosing your plan. If you go with one of our stock plans, it’s a good idea. Many people build right from our plans, leaving little room for error, plus saving money – and time! You can also customize a stock plan, or build straight from your own ideas. This ensures your home is exactly what you want.
4. Hiring a builder or General Contractor. This is very important, as he/she will be the one to finish the construction of your home. The GC will also help you place your home (for example, the sun – you might want the morning sun, or afternoon sun). He/she will also help plan your driveway, your roadway, etc. Plus, he/she will also help you with utilities – your power source, water, gas lines.
5. Planning for transitions. Life changes. We can help you plan for those changes. For example: Will you be having more children? Do you need the room to expand?
6. Efficiency. Timber Block homes are energy efficient. Our walls have R-30 to R-36 wall insulation, with R-40 to R-50 insulation in the roof. What else would you like to include to maximize your efficiency? You must think about your heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
7. The interior. We can help you figure out how to maximize your living spaces. Do you want an open plan? Do you plan on entertaining a lot? Will you use your home as a second vacation home, and plan on having plenty of family and friends, therefore needing extra bedrooms? Our team can help you figure out these things!
So, if you are planning a new home, there are many things to take into consideration – and we’d love to help! Call us today to get more information on how we can help! 866-929-5647 or email email@example.com.
Stay in touch with everything Timber Block! Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Visit our LinkedIn Page, Join our Circle on Google Plus, or See us on Pinterest, Houzz or Instagram. You can also Watch our Videos on YouTube.