Saving energy. We believe this is a wonderful New Year’s Resolution! There are many ways to you can save energy, which also puts money right back into your pocket!

Here are just a few things you can do around the home that can help save energy.

-wash your clothes in cold water

-reduce the temperature of your water heater

-fix your leaky faucets

-fill your freezer up

-buy energy efficient appliances

-use your barbecue more often rather than your oven

-set your computer to sleep mode

-use motion detector lights

-use energy efficient light bulbs

-cover your bare floors with rugs

-when turning on the heat, do it slowly

-change your heating filters

The list truly goes on and on.  There are so many ways you can save energy around the home. But the best way to save energy? It all starts with the actual home.

When Timber Block was developed, building highly energy efficient homes was our top priority. We are completely committed to ensuring our homes are energy efficient, and certainly built to exceed building codes when it comes to wall insulation.

Each and every Timber Block home that has been built, and will be built in the future are highly energy efficient. Our homes are built with R-30 to R-36 wall insulation. This, along with a tight thermal energy results in a highly energy efficient home.

Timber Block also utilizes green technology. Our homes have close to 400 percent more insulation than most traditionally built log homes. Plus, only about 40 percent of each log we use is used to manufacture our homes. The remaining 60 percent is used in other components. This results in less waste.

In addition, our insulation foam injection procedure contains no Ozone-Depleting Substances (Zero ODS).

You can save energy in 2015! If you are planning on building a new home in 2015, or have any questions on how you can get started, call us at 866-929-5647 or email infonc@timberblock.com.

For more home owner tips, photos, floor plans and more, Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Visit our LinkedIn Page, Join our Circle on Google Plus, or See us on PinterestHouzz or Instagram. You can also Watch our Videos on YouTube.

 

 

Pin It on Pinterest