- test :
While we celebrate our Earth every day, we love watching people come together on one of our favorite days of the year! Happy Earth Day 2021!
Today, millions of people turn their focus on the environment to take a moment to appreciate our Earth, and to take a step back and re-evaluate what they can do to help our environment.
Earth Day has been celebrated for several years, thanks to Earth Day founder Gaylord Nelson, who – at the time – was a US Senator from Wisconsin. He had the idea following the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara. On April 22, 1970, millions of people held demonstrations for a healthy, sustainable environment coast to coast. It immediately became tradition to celebrate and raise awareness of the importance of being environmentally responsible. Today, Earth Day is celebrated across North America and beyond.
We are proud to be environmentally friendly, using green technology to ensure we are doing our part to maintain a healthy environment for our homeowners, and our Earth overall.
Here are a few highlights of Timber Block’s green system building process:
- Our factory has a sustainable environment.
- Our partners and suppliers think the same way that we do. We are very careful when choosing our suppliers and partners.
- Our insulation is environmentally friendly. We use a closed cell polyurethane insulation which is Zero ODS. The walls of our home have R-30 insulation, which is substantially higher than a traditionally built home.
Greenguard Gold Certification. The products that we use to build and furnish our indoor environments can have a significant impact on indoor air pollution levels. Products that have achieved GREENGUARD Certification are scientifically proven to meet some of the world’s most rigorous, third-party chemical emissions standards, helping to reduce indoor air pollution and the risk of chemical exposure, while aiding in the creation of healthier indoor environments.
- We are committed to less waste. 40% of our each piece of wood is used to manufacture our homes, with the remaining 60% being used for other components of the home.
- We are committed to “Green Building.” When it comes to sustainability, the choice of materials matters. Wood is the only natural, renewable, and sustainable material for building and has a lighter carbon footprint than steel or concrete. On average, about 60% of GHG emissions can be reduced by using wood rather than concrete or steel.
This is just a quick look into Timber Block’s environmentally-friendly, ecological way of building. You can learn more about us at www.timberblock.com.
Happy Earth Day 2021!
Ready to chat about your project?